Tuesday, July 28, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog? That is the question.

Greetings and Salutations, dear reader!

Today was semi-typical. I started my morning a little late (I didn't get out of bed until almost 6:00), but still got some quality time on the cushion. After opening my mandala I did tattva shuddhi and Rudi's toilet exercise and double-breath before heading downtown for my 8:00 yogasana class. I teach a morning class at AINH on Tuesday's and Thursdays. (Mondays and Fridays I teach a 10am class - and Saturdays and Sundays a 10:30 am class - at the YMCA.) I was back home before 10:00.

I spent the rest of the morning and the first part of the afternoon switching between catching up with my email and trying to figure out how to access a remote database using php with xml and soap. Soap is new to me (there must be a joke hiding there;-) and xml is not my strongest skill. Around 2:00, after too many seemingly unproductive hours I decided to grab a bite and make a cup of coffee.

After lunch I was planning to spend a little time memorizing some more puja mantras and practicing my anashtup before getting back to the web programming, but instead I sat down at the keyboard and tried to write a new entry for this blog. I don't know how it is that some people find the time to write a nice long blog post every day; I will be happy when I'm getting at least one out every week. I started to write a brief auto-biographical sketch, but then suddenly it wasn't so brief (and I only got started). I decided that what I was writing didn't belong in this blog. Maybe some bits or pieces, but mostly I think I might have just started my memoir.

By then it was 4:30 and I had to start thinking about my evening class. Tuesday and Thursday I have a 6:30 class at the YMCA. On Monday and Friday evenigs my YMCA class is at 7:00. Sunday evenings I have a 7:00 class at AINH (I also teach a 4:30 class Monday and Thursday at the VA hospital) I was going to do a quick chakra meditation, but was distracted into visiting with my housemate untilit was time to go. I hit the road for the YMCA around 5:30. After gas and all, I got there a little after six.

I really enjoyed the class. I love my students at the Y, and this evening I took a completely different approach to sequencing than usual. I try to mix things up and have a lot of variety in my classes, but at the same time I try to keep the class familiar. But tonight I just came in from left field and skipped my usual preliminaries. The class was challenging, but everyone did well and after class I heard a lot of compliments on the class (maybe more than usual;-) so everyone had a good time, even if I did push them a little.

On my way home I stopped at a friend's house to drop off a newspaper article I thought he would enjoy. We visited for awhile and I finally got home about ten. I checked my mail and then set out to write this post.

So now it's 11:20 pm. Another day has passed. I am going to do my dhautis and trataka, re-establish my mandala, then nidra until dawn.

Shanti Shanti Shantih
- Yogakriya Nadananda

No comments:

Post a Comment